View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 07:11 PM   #1090
MercuryT
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Thanks for those tips. It looks like I suffer from both Anxiety and Depression. But I will be focusing more on the now to try and control things. See how that goes.
As we've chatted I think (may be wrong) but the two are clearly closely linked and everyone is different.

It's brilliant to read all the different views and advice. Whilst not all positive and a few here (myself included) are struggling, it's certainly been of huge benefit of importance to me even I know I'm climbing a ladder and I certainly have many rungs to go.

A few comments;
FTE - really sorry about your wife. Reason I raise this (in addition to being sorry obviously as it must be very hard/frustrating at times) is my Dad is better now but struggled with depression no doubt and Mum tried to speak to him and just wasn't accepting - like not at all.

What's upsetting is Dad is better but due to massive strain on marriage Mum now is depressed when always been a very happy lady. My issues aren't helping her at all so we are thinking of group counselling or something as speaking openly just ends up in one of us snapping and makes it worse......

FoxTrot - that depression past and anxiety future is something I've never heard and I've seen plenty of pros (No, not that kind, the mental help ones : ) (Sorry if bad taste joke, just trying to lighten up)
That is definely me - when I think of not seeing my Daughter etc I don't get scared etc but certainly upset. Yet when I think of the future I don't get upset bit I near hyperventilate as it scares the **** out of me - two very different feelings and I hate both.

For those struggling sorry I haven't individually written in this post (Tim and Steve) but I'll try and keep up best I can but please know I understand, have taken it in not ignoring in the slightest and PM anytime.

We'll all get there One way or Another. Well that's what I hope for at least. Don't think timelines are important, more about moving forward positively at whatever pace that takes.

Chris

Last edited by MercuryT; 09-07-2020 at 07:17 PM.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: