Old 10-06-2020, 02:44 PM   #250
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Default Re: Marriage - Bliss or Prison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
You're right and I don't want to.

Lived in a gay share house for 12 months when at uni and know all about it....(without any hands on)...heard all the arguments over and over.

Don't want any social interaction with dysfunctional 3 parent families.
None of what you said explains why you are so against same sex marriage, or same sex parents but we'll let that one slide. I am going to assume you're somehow threatened by them, and 'traumatised' by your experience in the gay share house, but that is way outside of this discussion.

...although it possibly explains the island thing though, you running away from something?

In effect my Ex and I are in a 'dysfunctional 3 parent family' by your own narrow-minded definition...except it's not dysfunctional.

Is that purely because my kids were brought up by a man and a woman, or is it just good/good enough parenting? None of them drink, smoke, take drugs, drive irresponsibly or beat their partners.

I am not saying it's all smooth sailing, my kids and my fiance's kids are all in their 20s (and 30s for Glen) and thankfully only my youngest and her youngest live with us. My Ex still likes/liked to have put in her 2c worth whenever 'her' kids are involved but that has mostly stopped now given their ages.

We have grand-children on both sides, my 'dysfunctional' eldest is now a dad, he works and is bringing up two daughters of his own with his wife. For someone so 'dysfunctional' he seems to be coping pretty well.

My 'dysfunctional' youngest graduated from Melbourne Uni Bachelor of Science with Honours and walked straight into a job, for someone so 'dysfunctional' she is going pretty well too.

Last edited by Ratmick; 10-06-2020 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo
Ratmick is online now   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: