View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 12:21 AM   #9
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Re: Fairlane Millenium vs Sportsman vs 75th

I have an AUII Fairlane Sportsman

The two tone paint someone mentioned was on the last of the AUs.

In essence, take some good bits from an LTD and throw them at the Fairlane.

The Howie leather seats you get in the LTD are white but in the Sportsman they are black.

Mine has the Tickford 6 and it would be worth between $3,000 and $5,000 and it is in immaculate condition. A V8 on the other hand is a seller's dream. There's one for sale for $40,000!

I bought my Sportsman because I wanted luxury and comfort. I still enjoy driving the car except if I want to take it downtown and try and park it somewhere there are marked parking bays. The car is very long.

I doubt I will get rid of my Sportsman anytime soon. That Tickford 6 will probably outlast the rest of the car.

Mine has covered 190,000kms and it is still on the original transmission although I had a full transmission fluid flush at about 150,000 kms. Gee that automatic transmission fluid is expensive.

It has no rust. It has one of those rust inhibitor thingies that have been declared useless, but I wouldn't disconnect mine.

The rear electric aerial should fully retract. If it doesn't then it has a non-standard aerial.

My clock still works, but the time is never correct.

I have 18 inch FG XR Falcon rims on mine which does mean the ride has more impact harshness but I am prepared to put up with that because I think they look great.

The colour is Organza

Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
9 users like this post: