View Single Post
Old 13-11-2017, 02:24 AM   #823
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Hi guys, I've been through a bad patch of late.
Whilst in Sydney a few weeks ago my happy pills ran out, I didn't notice any change in the first couple of days probably due to being preoccupied with the trip but once I got home and things settled down, boy did it bite me in the ****.

The first thing I noticed was my tolerance levels began to drop and I became irritable, then the negative thoughts came flooding back.
I knew I had to do something when I started pre-empting situations which hadn't and probably never would eventuate.

I went back to the Doc on Thursday and he gave me a grilling over it, gave me an ECG because I was suffering terrible heart palpitations and wrote me a script.
I didn't sleep from Monday to Thursday so when I took my first pill it knocked me on my **** within an hour and I slept like a baby until Friday morning.
I'm feeling better but things are still not good with the family.

I am terrible with timing as I had my last consultation with my Psych during this episode and so I've got to wait until next year to unload everything that's happened.
I asked her what she thought of my situation and she has diagnosed me as having Complex PTSD which in basic terms is a borderline personality disorder brought on by prolonged exposure to physical and emotional abuse throughout my childhood.
Problem is, Complex PTSD isn't recognised by the WHO yet, although it is meant to be included in the next update in 2018 so there may be more help once that is considered.
Well there you go, Trejo.
I should be surprised.. but am not .. as I've always have had a spritual connection to lifes 'coincidences'. Something said check the forum just now.. and here you are, Bent, saying exactly what a new psych has broadened my BPD diagnoses with, Complex PTSD through the added trauma over the years of being undiagnosed piled on top off my childhood physical and (especially for me) emmotional abuse. I gave up meds because i couldn't handle the fact that i was trying harder to do right.. and the public and professionals just won't cut 'us' the slack that physically disabled are given. So I'm working hard at (and with my share of the estate, hope to make a difference) bringing more attention to educating the public bit by bit.