View Single Post
Old 20-03-2017, 09:04 PM   #2715
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

This is a bit of a weird one...

I went to court today to witness an animal cruelty trial that I have been following closely (I'm very serious about animal rights). There were about ten other cases being tried and most of it was actually quite boring until it got to this one guy that was attempting to defend himself in a traffic matter. The judge absolutely tore him to pieces straight out the gate and it seemed like he went a bit over the top in humiliating this bloke. I was actually a bit surprised because he just sunk his teeth into this bloke with a full court room.

As far as I could gather, the guy was disqualified or suspended from driving but a car registered to his name was captured speeding on a camera and he was attempting to argue it wasn't him driving... or something like that. Anyway, the details of his case aren't really what I'm griping about, mainly it was the judge's attitude that bothered me.

The judge seemed more focused on embarrassing the bloke than actually ensuring that justice would be done. Now, I'm sure judges see more than their fair share of morons and that is why the judge was so angry but this bloke seemed genuine enough to me. It seemed like the defendant was just trying to have a fair go. This same judge was quite lenient with everyone else - he even let a shop lifter that went on a stealing spree off with just paying for the stolen items... but he slammed the hammer down hard on this dude just for trying to defend himself.

Did he let the shoplifter off with a warning just because she was an attractive young lady? Did he smash this guy to pieces just because he was a bald-headed, tough-looking man? I don't know... but it certainly seemed like double-standards were at play.

Oh... and the animal cruelty case got adjourned again so looks like I haven't seen my last carnival.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: