View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 08:39 PM   #20
Mondaveo

Default Re: Recommended Mondeo Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
How important is it to use a mechanic specifically familiar with the modeo (MC diesel in my case)?
Good question. I'll admit that when I asked for recommendations, I was hoping to be directed to some kind of Euro/Ford guru, like that would matter. But realistically, for regular maintenance probably not?

The diesel motor is pretty complicated (what with the DPF business) and you need the right oil. But lots of cars use diesels these days, and the procedure is just an oil change like any other.

The Powershift transmission is pretty different, and has a very particular process. But again, it's just a matter of following the steps, and it's not hard to obtain the right specification fluid.

As long as the person doing the work is able to follow the specs, and is not the kind to act rashly when faced with something unknown, they should be able to accomplish the regular service items without problems. Where it might matter more is if you are troubleshooting or doing a major rebuild (say, of the transmission...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote