Thread: EL GT's
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2006, 11:52 AM   #40
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
That is truly priceless! I think I will stick to my eight, that way I am the victor more often than the odd win that the 6 pots get (haven't had a NA6 beat me yet, stock turbos are easy and can't wait to line up against a phoon). Plus I do it with the soul of a V8 exhaust note and some killer induction sound, 6 does not = 8 when it comes to soul. Nothing finer than turning the key in the morning and hearing the 8 piece symphony fire up, makes you actually want to drive to work. Good thing I have this pleasure as I have to drive so bloody far at the moment.
Drew, satisfy your envy and get the 8, remember we did win MP last time and we will again!
Young Gecko I think you have missed my point.........Being a six person i was mearly commenting that it is extremely sweet to hose an 8, even you would have to agree that being beaten by a 6 ( although i'm sure this has never happened to you) would be rather demeaning, and sweet as for the 6 driver. Even you would have to admit that a powerful 6 is an impressive thing and if and when it beats an 8 you just have to admire the mechanics of the whole thing... and yes i do get the whole sound thing (obviously cause you've heard my car) but i hate to say that most modern day V8's just dont have that grumble anymore like the old 351's . Eights are expected to be powerful but get a quick six and everyone is impressed.. so there *pokes out tounge and runs away*

Last edited by rob_liss_lms10; 14-02-2006 at 12:00 PM. Reason: thought of something witty
rob_liss_lms10 is offline   Reply With Quote