View Single Post
Old 15-01-2015, 08:40 AM   #192
Simon10

Default Re: What have you done to your fiesta lately

Apologies for the delay in posting pics. Here it is:

Attachment 86266

Attachment 86267

Suffice to say it was worth the wait, simply awesome to drive compared to the 2009 Fiesta Zetec I had. Loving the tightness the control/handling and the instant power on tap. Now into my third day of driving yesterday I'm now hearing what I've heard others have with their ST's and it's the cluncking sound between changing gears especially from 2nd-3rd (most noticable) and from 3rd to 4th (not as loud). Also I thought the note from the exhaust would be louder in the cabin but it's not (not really bothered by this) just thought it would be going by the videos of the stock model from online videos I've watched.

I've read that it's due to the standard rear engine mount Ford have used across the Fiesta range and it's the engine moving around? The fix is the Cobb rear engine mount which fixes this issue but does introduce a slight increase in vibration at idle. Has anyone else come across this issue and if so does replacing the rear engine mount resolve it. My concern is that it will void my warranty but I will ask my dealer today as I'm dropping in to pickup my tyres/rims that are on my trade-in as I will be selling them.

But regardless of this I'm simply blown away at how good this car is in all areas. Love the Recaro seats.

Last edited by Simon10; 02-08-2015 at 07:43 AM.
Simon10 is offline   Reply With Quote