View Single Post
Old 16-11-2014, 11:57 PM   #1566
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74 View Post
Pretty much how I bought my house - walked into a few homes and it was either worth putting in an offer for or not. You can see the layout, the colour scheme, the workmanship. My sister has been part of 4 purchases of new homes. Apart from dealing with faults, you have to stump up for the landscaping and lawn - dealing with pulling half bricks out of your yard for some time and getting the lawn to take. I ended up buying a place 5 years old.
Myself and the boss were really specific with what we wanted our 'family home' to be like. We had a long list that could never be more than 60-70% fulfilled - even after a year of open houses. What was close was way over our budget or too out of town. At least we won't need to worry about what the workmanship is like, I'm on site every few days and have a very experienced builder overseeing all the trades. I have also over specified where I can for piece of mind. The half bricks and landscaping are all part of the fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty
Crikey Jason, you must have some patience brother. I've only bought 3 houses in my 48 years on this planet - all have been 2nd hand, none built to order. Mates have done what you have done and there's been nothing but grief, everytime.

I admire you for going through the ****, but FFS is it really worth it? I've just bought houses pretty close to what I like and made additions/alterations and made a home out of them.

Cheers mate! David.
Certainly worth it! Patience is certainly needed. We did look at houses for a very long time and nothing came close to what we wanted. Even if it was close, we would need to stump up more money to adapt it to our needs.

I'm heavily involved with the project because that's just the kind of person I am. It has been hard, and have learn't a whole heap along the way (not that I would be doing this again any time soon) but once done our castle will be something we will be proud of.

Was just there this arvo fixing a fence - they have formed up the first floor slab and the steel will be delivered on Monday.

Should look sweet when finished

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: