View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
dirty hands
Over Thinker

Default Re: Festiva information/ questions threads

The Ford Festiva was a subcompact car built by the Ford subsidiary companies Mazda and Kia Motors from 1986 to 2000. It was sold as a four-door sedan, a three-door and a five-door hatchback in the sub-model types L, LX and GL.

ah they stopped producing these now the penny drops
making this thread for archives then
there is little information on this model for the forum

lets start

wiki
Second generation (WB, WD, WF; 1993–2000)[edit]
Second generation
1994-1996 Ford Festiva (WB) GLi 5-door hatchback (2011-03-10).jpg
Overview
Manufacturer Kia Motors
Also called Ford Aspire
Kia Avella
Production 1993–2000
Assembly South Korea: Gwangmyeong (Sohari Plant)
Body and chassis
Body style 3-door hatchback
4-door sedan
5-door hatchback
Powertrain
Engine 1.3 L Mazda B3 I4
1.5 L Mazda B5 I4
Transmission 3-speed Jatco 3N71 automatic
5-speed manual
The second model Ford Festiva was jointly developed between Kia and Ford, retaining most of the drivetrain of the previous model with a more rounded body style. This new Festiva was slightly longer, wider, more aerodynamic, and suspended by MacPherson struts in the front and a torsion bar axle in the rear. While it was sold in certain markets as a second generation Festiva, Ford renamed it the "Aspire" in North American markets, where the five-door model was offered for the first time. In South Korea, the car was badged "Kia Avella". The sedan version was mainly restricted to the South Korean market, although it was also available with Festiva badging in Taiwan.

Depending on the market, some retained the SOHC, throttle-body injected motor, while others received an engine with a DOHC cylinder head and MPI also designed by Mazda. These engines were:

B3 EGi: 1.3 L (1,323 cc) fuel injected 8-valve I4 making 63 hp (47 kW) at 5000 rpm and 74 lb·ft (100 N·m) at 3000 rpm
B5 EGi: 1.5 L (1,498 cc) fuel injected 8-valve I4 making 88.4 hp (66 kW) at 5000 rpm and 99 lb·ft (134 N·m) at 4000 rpm (Asia and Oceania only)
Transmission options comprised a five-speed manual transmission, although all models could be optioned with a four-speed automatic. Australian and U.S. models were equipped with a three-speed automatic.

Facelifted Ford Festiva Trio S 3-door (Australia)
In 1997, the Festiva received a new front bumper with an oval grille, reshaped headlamps, and other minor changes. The Aspire was dropped from the Ford range in the United States after 1997.

The second generation Festiva continued to be sold in Australia until 2000 when it was replaced by the Ford Ka. Australian second-generation Festivas have U.S. side marker light cut-outs on each side of the vehicle (driver-side and passenger-side) at the front and rear. Instead of housing orange reflectors/lights at the front sides and red reflectors/lights at the rear sides, there are non-lit orange reflectors at all four locations. These redundant reflectors, coupled with the orange side indicator repeater (which is not required in the U.S., and was not included on the Aspire) make for a unique side profile.

Kia developed their following model, the Kia Rio, completely independently, and finished their relationship with Ford.