View Single Post
Old 24-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: Yet another AU oddity......

Ok, well, as it has turned out, the clock spring did in fact fail and in doing so it killed the horn which in turn fried the horn fuse, at least that's what I reckon is the chain of events. When I replaced the horn it went off again and wouldn't stop so I removed horn pad and it still didn't stop so I changed the clock spring, (again ), and everything came good. It's just odd that all the functions were still working on the wheel and it was the dead horn itself that stopped it from blaring and blowing the fuse again.

So the wagon is all fixed again, but........ I had an issue with the Fairlane not switching to petrol that turned out to be one of the wires had come adrift on the back of the petrol/LPG switch. In the process of tracing and fixing that problem, and re-sealing the gas line from the converter to the mixer, MY cruise control has gone AWOL and it's got me stumped. It'll activate but not engage. In the last 10 days I've changed:
The rear globes
The brake pedal switch
The master cylinder pressure switch
The clock spring AND the steering wheel buttons

- and still the bastich cruise control won't engage and it's got not only me but my mechanic AND the local Ford dealer resident tech head stumped. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears cos this is frustrating to the extreme.
BTW, everything else is working as it should; ABS is functioning with no warning lights, the speedo is working properly and yes, the horn circuit is ok too.

Some days I really dislike my car...... but only some days.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote