View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #57
Rodge
Banned

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

Being a Kiwi and SC GT-P owner i've taken quite an interest in the R Spec but can't recall any mag here testing the R Spec at the times mentioned above, in fact any magazine testing them at all over here, but its more than plausible that I could have missed it.

What I can say with some authority is that it is a lot cooler in N.Z. and the non-intercooled SC Maimi engine responds exceptionally well to cooler temperatures, so much so that I posted a thread on this exact issue of the incredible difference experienced this winter when it got down to around 2 or 3 degress Celcius and had to resort to filling mine with 95 Octane to try and tame it down a bit, (to try and get some traction) from its regular diet of 98. In my opinion a temperature of around 2-4 degrees adds about 25-30 rwkw's to a SC 335 output compared to say 24 degrees, both readings from my super wide bum-o-metre

By virtue of the fact that the LSA is a already an intercooled engine it may or may not respond so exceptionally well as the SC FPV to cooler temps. N.Z. Autocar have a good rep for posting unbiased reviews and use super accurate Vbox timing equipment.
If they test a GTS in due course and its quicker that 4.5 seconds to 100 and 2.5 seconds for the 80-120, then I'll be impressed and not before but at the risk of repeating myself 4.88 seconds 0-100 and 2.88 seconds 80-120 were pretty credible numbers they got from the new VF HSV 340. That and the fuel rating of 12.9 L/100 km's vs a whopping 15.7 L/100 km's for the GTS perhaps makes the significantly more affordable 340 HSV the thinking mans HSV ?...of course if said person was really thinking hard, they'd come to the inescapeable conclusion that the SC FPV are better

Last edited by Rodge; 03-09-2013 at 09:38 AM.
2 users like this post: