View Single Post
Old 13-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #420
XHBrad

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Driving home from my parents place late last night....

Hear a funny vibrating noise coming from the review mirror.. funny, it wasn't there in the morning??

Tap the mirror several times, grab it and hold it while driving on the ripple strips to see if it's a loose screw. Nope... vibration / rattling sound is still there!

Hmmm ok... could be the toll tag is loose behind it? Nope, fixed pretty solid and holding it down while on the ripple strips doesn't stop the rattle / vibration....

Wake in the morning to find the 1 foot long steel hook I took from my parents place sitting on the windscreen right where I had left it at lunch time. I put it there so I didn't forget to take it home and I didn't have my keys with me to unlock the car....

It sat there for 100km, doing 115km/h on the freeway (Southern Highlands to Sydney) with God knows how many bends.. wouldn't have moved an inch.

Shocking memory... geeze I hate that!
Lucky it didn't start raining, would have been quite a shock seeing that a cross the windscreen and then gone..
97 EL Ghia auto luxury, on it's guts
94 ED Futura 5 speed tucking with exhaust
97 XH ute, 5 speed with P-Plate spec exhaust
98 AU1 forte AU gheyness
XHBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: