View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #89
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Gen F HSV GTS Review, 0-100 in 4.4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
As we all know now, Holden's redline SSV has hit the price / equipment / perceived performance jackpot with buyers.
If I was a betting man i'd have a large wager that this car will seriously cannibalise Clubsports sales, especially considering the Redline has quite a bit of spec that's stripped out of the considerably more expensive Clubsport.
Or on the positive side, it draws out buyers wo whould normally consider HSV out of their price range,
could this open up an opportunity for Ford to supply an XR8 with an optional "Track Pack" that
consists of say, existing GT brakes suspension and handling set up, which then enabling a new GT
to have say, GTP interior, Brembos all round std Gt suspension or R-Spec suspension as option?

I think there's great opportunity for Ford to pick and choose which areas it wants to be in
without matching every single Holden or HSV variant......scales of economy and bang for bucks?

Quote:
Exactly...and nobody should be surprised when it doesn't meet HSV's claimed performance times.
It's a top end car that deserves praise whilst recognising the premium price will make it exclusive (limit sales)
Should HSV be focusing more on Clubsport being the bargain of a century than focusing on a showcase vehicle?
Or is this about getting in with a last hurrah.......We'll see..

Quote:
Fixed that for ya. Be proud of what you have mate, SC GT-P with its special sports seats and 6/4 Brembo's is a superb bit of kit and arguably the best all-round FPV ever made . R Spec is a great bit of kit but for normal roads and average use I think the standard FPV suspension kit is a fine ride / handling set-up. Fit some really good rubber like I'm about too and enjoy
It would be almost crazy for Ford not to capitalize of all of that precious FPV development work,
a great opportunity exists to rationalise the delivery of specific basic vehicles that match actual
buyer needs and expectations, I just hope Ford doesn't over think this in terms of return on investment.

Last edited by jpd80; 04-08-2013 at 10:45 AM.