View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #69
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 
Default Re: Gen F HSV GTS Review, 0-100 in 4.4s

I'm impressed by the 0-100 time but I'm looking past that. I read the article as though I am in the market. I've got a 335 and love it. It's tuned, has Tein suspension with EDFC, ive put 20" wheels on it with better and wider tyres. ive fitted extractors, cats and exhaust and near $15k worth of stereo. I'm going to intercool it, do the injectors, smaller blower pulley, maybe the snout, upgrade the trans to handle the power, overhaul the diff to handle the extra power, tailshaft and I'm going to put a set of Harrop ultimate brakes on it.

Yes. My 335 will probably owe me $100k+ when I'm done.

You read all the things HSV have done with this car, down to upgraded thicker half shafts, a 9.75" diff centre, the size of the brakes etc. These are all UNIQUE to this particular model of car- not even an option on the others. They have built what appears to be a no compromise performance car.

I'm a Ford man through and through, but I'm not ignorant enough to ignore a fair bloody effort. This thing will be a weapon and honestly I'm impressed. I wouldnt sell anything I have to have one in its place, but I tip my hat to HSV.

If this was Ford or fpv with exactly the same car we'd be singing like it was the return of the messiah...

Seriously, we don't have to bag it because its not a Ford. Fpv's GT is responsible for raising the bar for HSV to counter and they've had a fair crack. The GTS is the goods and if Ford hadn't done such a good job the HSV loyalists would have a new GTS with another token 5-10kw for a model change.

This, however, is a significant improvement and is a serious competitor. Ford don't have a car where they've gone to these lengths, despite how good the donor car for THAT car would be if they did...
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
14 users like this post: