View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 12:13 PM   #76
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Right, so refusing to comply to extortion by a government is wrong? I say giving in and just accepting they can do whatever they like, when ever they like, to whom ever they like and not making a fuss is wrong.
I'm with you there mate - im not suggesting we shouldnt be vigilant, inquisitive citizens.

But let's take the example of parking fines... you parked somewhere you shouldnt have.... you got fined for it. Why would you fight something so petty to the "bitter end" ?

I guess im a member of the "if you got caught, pay the fine and get over it" camp.... but hey, if you got a good reason not to pay up then bloody oath - dig your heels in... but "i dont want to" is not a good reason....

We all know the rules.... why such a fuss when we get stung for infringing them? If you disagree with the rules then catch a damn bus... driving on our roads is not a right. You want to play the game, but you dont want to play by the rules? i.e. want to have your cake and eat it too.

I'm not saying let them do what they want, when they want to whom they want... im saying if you know the rules, and get caught infringing them... pay up, learn a lesson from it and move on. If you did nothing wrong, then you wouldnt be fined for anything, yeah? This isnt unreasonable is it?

Quote:
Screw them, its wrong, they know it, the majority of the population know it so why make it easy for them. I would love for it to cost them money to chase fines, mabey then they will learn its not a cheap revenue stream for them to use.
Hey, it doesnt bother me.... my state's revenue comes from a different pool of motorists so im not affected by your attitude (lol, that and our parking fines are less than 15 bucks...). Tell ya what tho... i'd be ****ed if people did have this attitude as it sounds like you are blatantly trying to waste the government's money... which your fellow motorists end up flipping the bill for. I put this in the same boat as dole bludging and insurance scams.