View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 10:28 PM   #84
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

brings back memories, i just bought a mickey mouse 289 xr falcon did the right thing go over the car check and tighten every nut and bolt hose etc, went to show it off too a mate, pliers i left on the air cleaner hit fan and took out the radiator i think i managed to crack both heads in the process as well. another day same car, doing axle bearings removed the old ones fitted bearings ,bearing retainers forgot to fit retaining plates , ok start again, in my younger days playing mechanic with my mate (15 yo) had the old mans lowered eh holden jacked up we were under neath the car when it rolled off the jack we were skinny in those days just missed us,........... ok 1 more i tipped over my engine while putting it back into a kenworth after just spending a month rebuilding it,............. one more, my mate while on holiday somewhere in his mq patrol with his family got a grinding noise from his front brakes stopped in a town bought new pads ,fitted them while he was in a caravan park ,he put the pads in backwards and drove back to melbourne , yep had two buy new pads again and 2 new discs, next please.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote