View Single Post
Old 23-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
dan76n

Default Re: $25000 to spend on a used mondeo

You should be able to easily pick up an MB Titanium TDCI for under 25k if your willing to shop around.
We picked up a 2009 MB for 21k with 60,000km on it and the car is in great condition apart from some gutter rash and a scratch on the radio fascia plate but I took these into consideration and am able to have all 4 rims re done for $800 and the fascia plate replaced from ford for $400. So that works out as $22,200.
As the car was still in warranty by a week we were also able to take on the genuine ford extended warranty which gives you an extra 3 years warranty plus up to 200,000km for $1900.
So in our case we out laid just under 25k including stamp duty for a 2009 MB TDCI Titanium in great condition with 60,000km and 3 years full ford factory warranty.
I also recall two others that were listed in VIC on car sales with a few less Km's that were under 25k so it is possible.
Just don't be put off by the ones listed upwards of 25k as most have been listed for quite a while now as I was watching them all. Some eventually get their price reduced but some owners are just not willing to sell a 3 year old car for 25k when they paid 46k for it which would be tough and is why I won't buy a brand new car.
I also found that the guy who owned ours had a novated lease on it and the buyout figure was just over 19k so you may be able to find one at the end of its lease where the owner wants to make a few quick bucks by buying it out and selling.
Hope this is of some help.
dan76n is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: