View Single Post
Old 26-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #22
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 
Default Re: Oz Wide Tuners 10.99s or Faster BA-FG List

Dont really know who you are so I have no preconception/axe to grind

I have met Dion at the AFF nats this year, a really nice bloke and has runs on the board with tuning and his XD is an impressive race car, but Clinic running a 9.8 at the AFF Forum nats in 2010 did nothing for me because of what the car is/how it was raced... arrived on a trailer and the car almost hit the wall due to the way the suspension was setup.

Good on them for going for broke but what I question is that you are going to use that as one example of a car to validate your opening post, I repeat:

"I wanted a 10 sec pass without blowing everything up after 1 run."

I just dont see how it relates... are you saying if the tuner can make the engine hang together go see them?

You also said

"10 second cars and packages"... I wouldnt call all those 8 and 9 second cars packages would you?

As for adding to the list, forgetting Simons own FG ute that has gone 9.40 @ 148

Kevin Otway BF F6 10.87 @ 130
Ash Mackie BF F6 10.87 @ 129
(both the above run on the same day, same XFT stage 2+ package)

Tom Barnes BF F6 10.89 @ 136 (Going off memory there, custom big power setup in the early days)

So theres another 4 XFT cars of guys I know

Like I said, your intention for this thread is good but the examples you have put in the list are wrong, either that or you should have written an "Outright" list

Daniel

Last edited by CAT600; 26-09-2012 at 03:21 PM.