View Single Post
Old 20-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: New rotors and pads for BF Super Pursuit ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra
Hi Matt,

I've got a 2007 BF FPV SP ute. Done 13,000kms and 3 track days.
6 pot Brembos on the front, single pot PBR on rear.
On the last track day last week, I noticed a slight shudder under brakes so am thinking to take the opportunity to upgrade the rotors finally with either DBA 4000 or 5000 series.

I'm not sure if the disks are warped/hot spotted or if there's a build-up of brake dust that needs to be cleaned, but either way the calipers and rotors will come off.

The current factory Brembo combo that is on there is terrible for brake dust, especially on my white Cobra wheels. What is the best pad for the DBA disks for spirited driving/track work please? Also, is there a low dust option?

Cheers,
Joe.

The EBC Redstuff brake pads are about $250 delivered here in OZ but these are really just a performance street pad and do not always run well with the DBA rotor as a combination.
There are really no low dust pad options for both street/track applications although the Hawk ceramic pads would be similar to a redstuff at $265 delivered but as mentioned they are more street orientated than track. If wanting a pad just for track applications the starting point are the ferodo DS2500 pads for $300 a set and work your way up the ladder from there.
The DBA T3 4000 rotors are pretty good at $600 a pair and the 5000 T3 2 Piece is a better choice again at $990 a pair and these will be available soon.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote