Thread: SVT Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #43
REDDYZ

Default Re: SVT Upgrade

Its been a while since I have updated this thread.

I moved to Brisbane and took my kat along packed with all my stuff. There has been significant improvement in fuel consumption with SVT gear. It took 32 litres for 400kms on freeway with car fully loaded with all my stuff in boot and rear seats. Thats only freeway kms though.

The weight was so much that the rear end was sitting low and front end raised up. This weight broke one of the front strut mounts.

Had to take strut out to replace the mount. Along with strut mount I replaced strut bearings and lower control arms and the change is unbelievable. Steering has become soft. Didn't expect this much change though. Since I had to take hub out to do the strut mount I thought its right time to replace bearings as well. So, took hubs and new bearings to Ultratune in Sunnybank, QLD to get old bearings pressed out and new bearings pressed in. Its less than half and hour job to replace bearings and would cost around $50. I have been quoted $250 and then came down to $175. Then went to another ultratune in neighbouring suburb and got $45 quote for both hubs. I gave the hubs and then invoiced $90 saying quote is only for one hub.

Am now concerned about getting safety certificate for my car to change registration to QLD. If anyone knows a genuine workshop who can issue safety certificate, please let me know.

Anyway, while I had my car on stands I had a look at oil catch can I fitted. I was surprised to see the amount of oil it had in it.

I wasn't prepared for this much oil so used greek yogurt container Thats more than 100 ml. Imagine all this oil getting into engine through intake manifold... This is after $7000 kms
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote