View Single Post
Old 26-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #39
REDDYZ

Default Re: Another Cougar Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD26
Hey all, I was thinking it's about time I gave the car a service. I was wondering if there's anything I should be looking out for? Or is it pretty straight forward?(looks like oil filter is accessed from the underneath easier than from top).

Also, what kind of oil are you guys using? synthetic? semi-synthetic? I'm in central Queensland so it's hot for 3/4 of the year and in winter it might get down to 4C at the lowest.

Thinking of doing fuel filter as well, just so I can know for myself when it was last done.

Pointers?
It is straight forward. Filter can be accessed from underneath located opposite to radiator. I have been using Castrol Edge 5W-30 fully synthetic oil and never had any issues. I moved to Brisbane recently and will stick to this oil. If you think this is a bit expensive you can use any 5W-30 as long as its fully synthetic.

Fuel filter is an easy one as well. Just beware that fuel lines will be under high pressure.

cheers
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote