View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #56
GTB 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Gtb 351 - 1983 To Now And Beyond!

Next Installment

Not a lot of serious work happened on the GT for a long time, just a bit of "dicking around" and the accumulation of more parts. Steve Baum from Stateside Trim did my hoodlining(top bloke)and started on the rest of the interior. I was changing it from brown to black. I picked up a new M48 MoTec ECU and ignition controller when they were having a sale and Mal Woods set me up with a TKO 5 speed box. I'd use the scattershield from the black coupe and I brought a Moroso 4 stage dry sump pump and 15 litre tank from Rocket Ind. A replacement short motor was source and given to Mark Obst to check over. It was a DOAE block with no front stamping and came out of a RX4 drag car. I had originally got it for a friend but it was stored in my shed and the friend owed me some money so a deal was done. It was 30 over with forged flat tops and had originally been built by Chris Milton to a very high standard - unfortunately the racer must not have owned a torque wrench as subsequent maintanance was poor and getting the clearances right was near impossible. The massive Ford Motorsport cam was tossed and a comp 294b was fitted. My highported 4V heads got some more work done and were fitted and the Holley Strip Dominator was modded by Marshy for 50lb MSD injectors.

You can see the tunnel rammed 460 from the 65 Effie in the above pics. It was about to be fitted to the black coupe after the GT's engine threw a leg out of bed. Previously explained in the black coupe section.
GTB 351 is offline   Reply With Quote