View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 02:22 AM   #1520
stace650

Question Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi... I'm a life long Blue Oval fan and own two right now.. A Territory that has been the most unreliable car I have owned in 30 years of driving Fords and an XP wagon that I use as my daily driver and is the MOST reliable Ford I have owned. Trouble is, the old XP isn't really great to drive all the time... No A/C, pretty ordinary brakes and, although cool, not the best car in which to do business.

The Terry... Well, it's horrible really. Lovely to drive, practical as hell, but surely built by blind, drunk lunatics on acid. It has had it all. Rust, bad electrics, diff went, engine issues, ball joints, brakes warped all the time, tailgate lock broke, rattles, squeaks, vibrations and broken bits because they are cheap and nasty.

So. Time to get rid. Of both. The wife won't have another Ford after Terry the Terrible. That means she gets some Japanese 4x4 with a lot of seats.

For me... A quandary. I like the look and price of the BA Mk 2 GT. BUT... Will it be as lousy as the Terry? Will it look good, drive nice, but fall to bits? Should I say goodbye to Ford forever and buy something else just to have a comfortable well-made boring car with A/C and decent brakes... Oh, the horror, the horror.

Cheers
Stace
stace650 is offline   Reply With Quote