View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: AU 16" tyre size

I couldn't honestly tell you Sox, it was 3 or 4 years ago but I can tell you I never spotted any tell tale scuff marks on the inside of the tyre from any contact with the ball joint. The only time I ever had issues with ball joint clearance was when I picked up a set of VT SS 17s that someone had bought as blanks and put a ford stud pattern in. When I fitted them to the front of the wagon they just touched the ball joint and rubbed right on the lip of the rim. I bought 8mm spacers to correct the offset and all was good. They didn't last long and I on sold them but that's a different story. When I fitted ford 17's to the front there was about 8-10mm of clearance from the rim lip to the ball joint so that might give you some idea of the clearance you'd have. I'd hazard a guess that you could get 235/60/16 on with clearance as long as your guards were out of the way.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote