Thread: SVT Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #33
REDDYZ

Default Re: SVT Upgrade

Took a while to get all the parts from US. When I got the parts weather turned bad and got busy with work as well.

Got timing cover painted and its back on engine.

Those two pulleys on the timing cover were almost worn. Thats another plus of taking all this effort. Most importantly the water pump. It was almost dead. I have been complaining about hot engine bays which turned out to be the water pump. It wasn't dead but the pumping efficiency was very low. I found this when I took the pump out and checked it. I must say am very lucky to spot it early otherwise this could have end up with blown head gasket.

Now, I have all parts to put it together except a tool to press in harmonic balancer. But, I was a bit hesitating as I was worried about excess oil being sucked into intake manifold from PCV. I did ordered new PCV valve but didn't want to take any chances. All the time, $$$ and effort I put in cleaning out UIM, LIM will go waste and eventually combustion chamber will become dirty. So, I have deceided to fit oil catch can and bought this from supercheapauto.

Its 400ml can quite big and heavy. Trying to figure out how and where to fit it. Not straight forward as PCV vacuum lines are shared with EGR. It will be good thought with oil catch can, UIM, LIM will never get dirty.

This is gonna be the last mod on this kitty kat............ hopefully. I dropped SVT cams as it leads to few other things. Instead I will buy a Taurus for $3000 or just the engine for less than a grand and drop that 3L engine in my kat. Thats gonna be a big project again. So, basically I won't go any further from this point.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote