View Single Post
Old 18-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #37
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Re: AU tuning options

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Oh interesting. Is the price comparable and what additional benefits are over there over the Xcal3 do you know?
I'm only going on what I have seen from this other car but the features are virtually the same and the price is a little bit cheaper. For an initial tune I think it is up to the tuner what they want to charge you for that but my mate paid around the $600 mark for the unit and 3 tunes. The other cost to factor in is a 'bullet' which if he wanted to tune the car again he would need to purchase to make the unit work, and then dyno time on top of that if it is a custom tune.

The other feature I kind of like is that with his box I could actually tune my ute. All I would need to do is pay for a 'bullet' which would be sent to him (as he has the box), he 'loads the bullet' and then flashes it into my ute and away we go. Not a bad feature if you only plan on tuning it once. Each box is apparently able to tune somewhere round 3000 cars whereas the Xcal is limited to doing one car at a time.