View Single Post
Old 28-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #32
rowan194
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: HOW TO Change sparkplug leads, plugs, & coil Pack

I have an AUIII Fairmont. I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to remove the coil pack, without removing the inlet manifold? I removed the snorkel, air box and even the tubing up to the throttle body but it doesn't really seem to make any difference, because the coil pack is a fair bit further back. Going in from underneath the car, I can fit a 7mm socket onto each nut (just) but there's no room to lever a ratchet driver, for example on one the driver handle fouls on the heater tube and I can't even attach the driver to the socket. *May* be able to solve the fouling prob with a short extension but it's getting too dark to figure it out now. Either way, it's really cramped in there.

My main concern is that I'll be able to get the existing coil pack off, but won't be able to get the new one back on! I have big fumbly hands, and at the moment some badly scraped knuckles.

I have no idea what possessed ford to stick the coil pack hidden way down there, I'm assuming it's near the bottom of the engine so it doesn't overheat...
rowan194 is offline   Reply With Quote