View Single Post
Old 25-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #42
Johnd1
Starter Motor

Default Re: Just bought a Eibach. Should I join the RAC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDYZ
Whats wrong with the struts? why do you want to replace them? Just replace strut bearings if they are faulty and should fix the problem. Replace front and rear sway bar links and you will have better suspension feel.
The big problem with the Eibach's here in WA is that next to no one here has seen one let alone worked on one. My struts are okay but Alana was told that her hats need replacing.

Given that Titan Ford said that my front ball joints need replacing at a cost of $1,500 + labour when there was nothing wrong with them we are having trouble trusting anyone. Neither she nor I can do any of the work on the cars so we have to rely on other people to advise us.

We think that we have found the right guy at my local Pedders shop but even he is not sure what parts definitely fit.

He is happy to fit the parts if I supply them but he hasn’t got the time to research and find the correct parts himself which is understandable.

So far I am pretty sure that we have the front ball joints right but I am still guessing on the rest......if any bits are needed.

Once Alana's car has been checked at my Pedders shop next Wednesday I am hoping that we will know what we need to replace but I will still have to find the correct parts.

Cheers
John
Cougar Eibach Parts
Johnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote