View Single Post
Old 26-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

To set the alignment up, with the "nose up" attitude, firstly, you'd need to know exactly how far up the nose really is, when the car is going down the track.

Sounds stupid I know, but to get it right, as by your explaination, that's what is really needed. Raising a car in the air, changes Camber, Caster and toe.

The best setting for the alignment, for your purpose, would be as much Caster as possible, for high speed stability, 0 camber and approximately 5MM toe in. This toe figure is a guestimate but. To set the toe correctly on the car, the aligner would have to push on the inside edges of front tyres and work out how much the toe is moving. From that figure, you'd set the toe, so it is at 0, with the front wheels pushed to their furtherest limits, as described.

Of course these settings are done, with the car raised, via the control arms to the actual height the car is at, when travelling down the track.

That's about the best I can come up with to answer your question properly

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote