View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 01:32 AM   #87
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
All of what you said made sense until this.

Why would you walk onto a highway to stop a truck when he could of pulled the truck over like most cops do, get behind him and whack on the sirens. Or even put his flashing lights on while in front of the truck and get him to stop.

They police car literally overtook the truck very quickly, went a few hundred metres up the road, got out of the car and walked onto the road. Can you explain why the did it this way. Am I missing something?
Easy, because most of the time you sit behind a truck (off to one side so you are in their mirrors) for km after km and they do not see you (because they don't check their mirrors on a straight highway) and they don't hear you (because the engine is loud and they have the stereo blaring over that).

Happens to us all the time at work. We sit there for ages changing siren tone, flashing lights etc and they have no idea we are there.

I am sure he made a judgement that the truck had sufficient time to stop, did it stop or did it run him over?