View Single Post
Old 30-09-2005, 06:37 PM   #16
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Well the EPA and RTA are 2 different things.
I used to work for the RTA at one point ... and used to fly past the EPA station near Lidcombe (in a previous loud small car) ... I eventually got a letter in the mail ... I knew it was coming though ... cos it was may fault.

Well the little Corolla made 110dB on back-off ... oops ... I had a spare stock exhaust system ready to put on ... replaced it with that ... had it tested ... passed.

Was asked by the tester why i was called in ... I said I had no idea ... just had a letter in the mail.

They won't re-imburse you though ... even though i worked for the RTA ... I couldn't even get out of the test. It dodn't bother me though, because they cannot test you for at least 6 months after the test anyway ... i reverted back to my loud exhaust. I got another letter ... I called the EPA and informed them I just had a "Loudness" test and passed (gave them the receipt number) ... they cancelled it and let me go.

Also ... it's not just the authorities that dob you in ... any person from the public can call the EPA and dob you in for any sort of pollution ... as long as they have your numberplate ... they can dob you in.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote