View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 02:43 AM   #64
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
True but I can see some of those Holden fans going out and buying a new Commodore because Holden won.
prydey is right, its not going to sway the ford loyalists or the swinging fans. But it migth get the holden faithful (most of which are bogans lets face it) back into teh showroom. Fact is holden is DESPERATE to win this race and be successful in v8sc generally because of this very fact. THey can't win over teh intelligent buyers (for obvious product/image reasons) but if they can get the simpletons to come to the showrooms it was worth it...after all there is a large number of the buggers! I don't discredit their strategy but its worth remembering when peopel on here slag off on ford for 'not investing' or 'not marketing' their successes at bathurst/v8sc. Fact is brand loyalty or whatever the holden faithful go bananas for a racing win....ford guys don't. I'm not 100% sure its because the ford guys are smater and know the race cars have diddly to do with the road cars (though they probably are) but i do know the holden guys buy on IMAGE, NOT SUBSTANCE!. So they care when holden wins because they think it enhances their car and diminishes the others. Its all rubbish, as those of us that watch motorsport well know, but it works for the small johnson brigade.

I'd love a Ford to win bathurst as much as the next ford guy, but i've always suspected its for a very different reason to why the holden faithful want their guys to win. Something to do with simple things amuse simple......

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....

Last edited by Swordsman88; 12-10-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote