View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #29
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
This seems to be the latest myth on this web site...

I opened the Sydney Heard Motor section today & on page 2 I see SV6 at 35,990.. This has been the price of the XR6 for 12-18 months... So your point is not valid in my opinion, becuase Falcon & Commodore pricing seems to be very similar!!
had it not been for the huge bath Holden took on GMNA canceling the Pontiac G8 export program,
I think both Ford and Holden would have made similar smallish profits. When you look at it,
the volume products of both sell for similar amounts, Holden has more low end fleet sales
but they also have more high end sales too. each counterbalancing the other...

In many respects, Ford Australia is like its parent, right sized to true market amounts where as
Holden follow the traditional model of chasing every fleet and high end sale. While Ford sales
look modest in comparison, they are probably achieving at least the same bottom line with
a fraction of the manufacturing time and effort, something the balance sheet supports.

Last edited by jpd80; 04-09-2010 at 07:46 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote