View Single Post
Old 27-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #51
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie0735
Good news indeed. It sounds like they may be admitting that the car was not set up correctly from day 1. Nice outcome.
Just on the alignment issue it seems to me you had a seriously incorrect tow adjustment, either to much toe-in or toe-out. An incorrect toe-in or toe-out will cause rapid tire wear to both tyres and the wear will be right across the tyre surface. You won't feel it through the steering wheel either as both wheels will counter each other out. If it’s been fixed (I suspect it has) than the car should feel nicer to drive especially around high speed sweeping bends.

Out of curiosity, why would a car pull one direction or the other, if the one corner of the rear is toeing a hell of a lot more than the other. Like this car. 14MM toe one corner, zip the opposite side? Or has that nothing to do with the steering wheel?

Not pulling to the left anymore. That's got me stumped. Didn't the car drive straight to begin with, before the alignment was done? Sounds like some porkies were said right at the beginning of the thread.
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote