View Single Post
Old 17-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Don't get me wrong here, that's an excellent "how to" and well done Woosha for making the effort and if I had to unfreeze the adjusters or change the pads I'd be right back here to follow your instructions but that's a long and tedious job which would give me the chits and not one I'd want to tackle unless absolutely necessary. When I did the 'lanes' handbrake yesterday all I did once the wheels were off ( one at a time of coarse) was pop out the rubber gromet opposite the big phillips head screw and rotated the the hole to the rear just below horizontal then just attacked the adjuster from there with a flat screwdriver. Once you've located the adjuster it's relatively easy to wind the adjusters out. I used a torch to initially spot the toothed adjuster then just did it by feel. Handbrake is perfect now and it took me all of about half and hour from when I stepped out the front door to when I went back in the house.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Last edited by Bushbasher; 17-02-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: