View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #27
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannem
Isn't that the point here? We are to be given money so we can smoke and drink it away and to do it quite quickly in an effort to stimulate the economy.

I too thought that the money could be spent on infrastructure to also boost the economy but thinking about it later it could be difficult to spend that much money ($42 billion) in a hurry. (give to me and see how quick I can spend it though!!)

Better to give a lot of people a small amount of money (not small but you get what I mean) and have them all go and spend up.

That being said mine will go in the bank, like you I will split it between my 2 daughters accounts. Not what Rudd wants but oh well.

Cheers
Like the first hand out its an unsustainable short term "false" stimulus.... and will create (more) debt which will need to be funded somehow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
I agree Norm, I would rather see the money go into major infrastructure works, things like hospitals/schools and roads, not only is the money badly needed but it would create alot of jobs..
Exactly right.. use the money to create jobs by building infrastructure as "investments".. the money is preserved and well used.
Wages are normally used far more wisely than once off "freebee" handouts....