View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 03:56 AM   #6
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss302ute
this has only done 2000k i had a hd put in and failed parts of the clutch plate let go
and i was getting bad vibes and had taken it out after 600k and found 3 big hot spots on the flywheel and pressure plate ? and put it back in and 1000k later it was un driveable and extream said it wasnt runn in ? they gave me a ceremic one to place in as they asked the rwk of my car was 280rwk they said that it would fix it and now its undriveable as trying to take off its impossible and just waiting for it to rip the box out and break the engin mounts trying to take off as the shudder is that bad
I had two of those clutch's in my car (both had ceramic discs), first one crapped it self first pass at the strip, clutch disc fussed it self to the flywheel/pressureplate, afterwards had cronic vibrations from the bits of ceramic stuck to the flywheel, second one did the same thing, ended up driving around with it for a little while, found it to be a quiet harsh clutch.
I worked out that they dont like alot of heat onto them when the clutch was cold, I use to have to ride the clutch a little bit before my first pass otherwise on the launch it would crap it self first pass of the day. Bacically found them to be total crap, didnt have a good experience with them at all.

Now have a Textralia twin plate, been fine for a while now, you be sweet with one of there single plates.

If I was you I would give Peter a call from Textralia good guy and will look after you.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote