View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #65
MEANXBCOUPE
injection is nice, but...

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing the Helicoil article 

Quick update.
Motor is in as previously seen, it now runs and has done for a few weeks now. One small hiccup though.
First off it wouldnt start, that was traced back to the back to base alarm, all sorted. Motor started first crank after that. idled great and had no other issues. Took her for a spin around the block a few times, put maybe 5 miles on the clock. All good.
Did a quick tidy up of the car over the next week as I had a photo soot the week after.

At the shoot, i was given the wrong adress for the studio, as i had the car tilt trayed to the studio and he had since left, i drove the coupe, literaly, 4 houses down the street to the correct location. As i pulled up to the roller door of the studio, she coughed through the carbs and stalled. Weird.
Anyways 1/2 hour latter went to move her in, and wouldn't start. Cranked and cranked, nothing, except for a few coughs and farts.
Checked a few things. Grabbed the rotor button and it spun freely. Damb it sheard the roll pin on thedizzy drive.

Got the car home after the shoot, next day took the blower off and removed the dizzy. only half came out!. The drive shaft had snapped in two..

Long story short, when i swapped engines, stoopid me forgot to check the hole size for the dizzy. Put a small dizy in a large size block, allowing vibration to break the drive shaft.
Anyways all sorted now after i made a new shaft, its up and running well now. Photos to follow..
MEANXBCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote