View Single Post
Old 20-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutekh
I gather that the Mondeo has the Euro standard ISOFIX points for child car seats.

Is anyone using these?

My cursory examination of the rear of a TDCi hatch didn't reveal any tether points, so I am assuming that the only option for a Mondeo is to buy an imported ISOFIX seat (although apparently these don't meet the Aus Std?).
I have 2 car seats fitted (bought here) and they attach to the anchor points located at the rear of the back seats via the standard "hook" supplied with compliant seats. I've seen some cars where the anchor points are located at the rear of the car (near the boot opening) but this impacts on the load area.

Dusty1, The guy who fitted your seat doesn't know what he is doing. I've removed both headrests to fit my seats - I'm sure it even says to do this in the manual. Be very wary of many so called experts when it comes to fitting these seats. The first time I fit one I had it checked out by an "approved fitter" who gave me the all clear. I subsequently learned how they should be done through a company who do this full time (Littles) and it was a real eye opener. I've seen people put these things in and out of cars in 10 seconds but if fitted correctly, you should literally be able to shake the whole car by the seat itself. Doesn't do much for the seats but what they are protecting is more important. And by the way, congrats on the new addition!