View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #35
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

I like the bonnet the way it is, and I do like them body colour too. I also like the normal XA GT bonnet blackout, but only on certain colour schemes.

I had a handbrake like that too, bought her a new car and bought myself the coupe, she still whinged and complained, so I cut her loose. And what was worse was she was a pro car person when we met. She said she grew up and I didnt. I told her I would never abandon my car hobby, and I stuck to my gunns right past the time she left. I am much happier for it now.

Coupe wise....These days if the body is no good then it will cost an arm and a leg to fix it, and thats even if you do most of it yourself. And coupe parts are a killer price wise. Want it professionally done? then its a case of I hope you have deep pockets, specially when it comes to coupes. They really look great, but are a crap design.

The debate on coupes and matching numbers has raged for ever, personally for me, I would pay that bit more for a good matching V8 coupe over a 6 coupe or converted 6 coupe in the same condition, but thats me, thats what I personally prefer, and a complete car would allways rate much higher than a car with lots of things missing.
The ONLY way the above factory V8 way is better than the converted 6 way is you will have is better resale value later on as long as the paint and panel etc is on par with the converted 6 car.

These days tho with a lot of coupes either gone to car heven or should go to car heven, theres not a lot of good stuff left, so its a case of beggars cant be choosers when it comes to matching numbers and genuine V8 shells etc, unless they wanna fork out the really bigger dollars.

Then there is this nasty issue....After the spate of recent stealings etc, sometimes I worry bout having a genuine GT coupe, but if somthing like that happens, then I guess its out of my control. You guys with your nice normal coupes must fret a bit too.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote