View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Default MP3 USB Memory Sticks

G'day ASL,

I own a 2004 BA XR6 and am sick to death of not being able to play MP3s. I am sick of burning music CDs every week or so. I don't want an iPod connection as I am likely to drive off the road trying to work out what the hell the iPod is doing, plus my iPod is due for replacement if I went that way so I would be spending a few hundred dollars anyway.

My friend has a Commodore that has an aftermarket stereo in it which allows him to plug a USB memory stick into the stereo, and he can play songs directly from the memory stick. This means he can just put new songs onto the memory stick and away he goes.

What would I need to purchase from you to do this in the BA?

I assume I would need a new screen as the standard one doesn't even tell me how much time is remaining in the track, let alone song names or folders. I assume there isn't a USB memory stick cable that can go into the standard head unit either.

I have read a few threads and the DVD player seems to do it, but needs screen upgrades too and I don't need the DVD function in the car. Is that my only option though?

Regards, Tim

Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote