Thread: My Fez
View Single Post
Old 14-06-2005, 03:31 AM   #3
RedStar71

The gear surround was from Ford Spare parts and only costs about $35. There are a lot of part numbers on the box but ask your spare parts guys and they will find it on the computer. 2S61 A17314AASMB1 or 1 148 814.
Simple swap for the original.
The driving lights were easy to put on. As long as you have all the parts and screws from Ford, it goes on easy. The wiring loom took 3 months to come from Germany so hopefully they have them in stock nowadays. The loom plugs into an obviously blanked off plug in the engine bay and then there are little yellow grommits that push into the top of the bottom grill to hold the wires out of view. That was a little fiddly. The hard part was pulling the interior light switch out, not easy to get to all the screws and then putting them back was worse, took me hours. But looking back it wasn't too hard and looks great. I love the fact that the cars are all "plug and play" same looms different bits added.
The metal door handles were pretty involved to put in as you need to pull the whole door interior section off to get to the screws and mechanism. But it looks great with metal handles rather than the black plastic.
Will be interesting to see the look on the guys at my 15000 service as she is in their computer database as an LX but she looks like a Zetec and has the Zetec S badge from Europe.
Cheers

Jason
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote