View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #8
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Only issues I can think of...
- Cruise control only comes in Automatic versions, and these are said to be more sluggish than the manuals.
- Sun visor's are almost useless... put it down and you can't see a thing!

Aside from that, I don't have a problem with driving position, driveability or indicators on the leftside, it's something you can quickly adapt to Rear vision is impared by the fattened C pillar, but to be expected for the type of car. Front and side vision is quite good. Rear seats are usable, but not comfortable for tall people.

Driving dynamics are excellent, the 2001 model interior is updated from the 99-00 and said (by reviewers) to have better seats. The leather optioned Cougar's have heated seats, and bootspace is aplenty.

Parts are hard to find, and can be expensive. If something goes wrong with the car, your Ford dealer may not know how to deal with it. Particularly electrical issues dealing with door actuators.

Cougar-Boy, you referred to passive rear wheel steering? Cougar's don't have this.

Eibach editions are sought after... differences to normal include the Eibach suspension, different 17" rims, Visteon bodykit and spoiler including cosmetic bonnet scoop and I think Tickford badging. Some later models were sold with Eibach bodykit parts as well. Sunroof's did come as an option, as well as CD stacker in the rear. 2001 models feature updated front grill, headlights and bumper, as well as revamped interior.

Dan